The material contained on this site and on the associated web pages is
general information and is not intended to be advice on any particular
matter. Subscribers and readers should seek appropriate professional
advice before acting on the basis of any information contained herein.
planababy.com Ltd., its directors, employees, agents, representatives and the
authors expressly disclaim any and all liability to any person, whether a
subscriber or not, in respect of anything and of the consequences of anything
done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance upon the contents
of this site and associated web pages.
In the 2nd and 3rd Trimester of
- Show your involvement in the pregnancy. Show that
- Accompany her to her doctor on her regular visits.
- Try to feel for the baby and its movements. Speak to
the baby within her.
- Take still photos or video-tape the baby as first seen
on the ultra sound.
- Massage oil / lotion on her abdomen to minimise/
prevent stretch marks.
- Encourage her to take naps.
- Go on a healthy diet to give her company.
- Compliment her on her posture and help her follow a
routine of exercise including Kegels.
- Give her frequent body massages and perineal massages
to provide soothing relief and relaxation.
- Prevent her from lifting heavy weights.
- Discourage her from using saunas, steam room and
- Learn and practice alternative methods for pain
relief like Accupressure , effleurage, counter pressure, etc.
- Attend Childbirth Classes. Help and guide her and give
her company in practicing
- Relaxation techniques
- Breathing techniques,
- Antenatal exercises,
- Lamazeís method of childbirth preparation.
- Help her in her Delivery packing and make an emergency
delivery kit for her.
- Keep your carís gas tank full during her expected date
- Prepare for the coming little one by:
- Decorating the nursery,
- stocking baby supplies,
- buying a car-safety seat,
- baby proofing the home,
- helping in choosing a name for the child.